Smoky Corn and Jalapeno Dip
- 2 large ears of corn, husks on
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Duke's Light)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I prefer light)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon PimentÃ³n de La Vera (smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
Set grill to medium high heat. Grill the corn with the husks on for 20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes, until outsides are lightly charred. In the last 5 minutes, add the jalapeno peppers and cook until lightly blackened.
Remove the husks and silks from the corn and cut the kernels off of the cob. Seed and mince the jalapeno peppers, reserving seeds if more heat is desired.
In a large bowl, mix corn, jalapeno, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar, and pepper jack until well combined. Add smoked paprika and kosher salt. Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
Chill until ready to use. Serve with classic potato chips (my preference) or tortilla chips