Tex-Mex Corn Chip Chili
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 teas ground cumin
- One 15oz can black beans
- One 15oz can pinto beans
- One 10oz can tomatoes with green chiles
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 12 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- One bag (about 10 oz) corn chips such as Fritos
In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook for 7 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add the beans with their liquid, and the tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
Cook stirring occasionally, until thick, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in cilantro, then top with the cheese, cover and let stand until the cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Place handful of corn chips in each 4 bowls. Top with the chili and serve.