Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural, I used Jif)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate peanut butter cup candies (about 15)
- 1/4 cup butterscotch caramal topping
Adapted from foodiecrush.com
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the peanut butter and sugar and mix with hand mixer set to low until smooth. Add milk and mix on low until sugar dissolves, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
2. Freeze milk mixture according to mixer directions (my mixer calls for 15 to 20 minutes to thicken.) Add chopped candy Â and butterscotch caramel topping and mix for 1 to 2 minutes or stir in by hand. The ice cream will be soft and creamy. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for 2 hours for a firmer consistency. Allow to thaw 15 minutes before savoring every luscious bite.