Cauliflower Gratin with a Citrus Twist
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (i prefer FAGE nonfat)
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh dill (or mixture of thyme/dill)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (plain, not seasoned)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or mixture parmesan/asiago)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (or mixture)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill (or mixture of dill/thyme)
Adapted from colormykitchen.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Fill large pan with salted water; bring to rapid boil.
thoroughly rinse and trim a large cauliflower; leaving stem intact
Carefully drop whole cauliflower into boiling water for parboil…5 minutes.
Remove cauliflower; drain and cool.
While cauliflower is boiling/then cooling, butter or spray a gratin dish (or pie plate).
In a small bowl mix yogurt, lemon zest and juice, 2 tablespoons chopped dill, diced shallot, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup parmesan (or blend), salt and pepper to taste.
When cauliflower is cool enough to handle, chop coarsely (including stem) into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
Add yogurt/lemon/cheese/herb mixture to chopped cauliflower and mix thoroughly.
In a small bowl mix all topping ingredients.
Evenly spread cauliflower mixture in gratin dish and evenly spread topping over gratin.
Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes until golden and bubbling.
BROIL baked gratin for 1-2 minutes (depends on your oven) to thoroughly brown topping.
OPTIONAL: sprinkle broiled gratin with a bit of chopped dill or fresh thyme.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Breakfast Bars 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Turkey Gravy 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Pomegranate Meringue Rose Tart 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Lime Tortilla Chips 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato and Zucchini Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Naan Garlic Spinach and Broccoli... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange Ricotta Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Vegetable - Greek Mashed... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)