- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 21-ounce can of apple pie filling
- 1 1/2 tablespoon turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
Adapted from preparedpantry.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, and sugar together until smooth and thick—about one minute.
2. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add them to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Stir in the pie filling.
4. Pour the mixture into a well-greased, nine-inch deep dish pie pan. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar on top and bake for 20 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Serving suggestion: This is one of those desserts that is much better served warm. Heat individual servings in the microwave.