Pumpkin Bread with a Penuche Glaze
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 heaping cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (if you like cinnamon, kick this up a notch)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- Penuche Glaze
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream ( I used natures bliss caramel coffee creamer )
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (add more if you like it thicker or sweeter)
Cooking time 50mins
You could add a little brown sugar if you wanted a hint of brown sugar.
In a medium sized bowl, mix sugar and 1 cup pumpkin. Add 2 eggs. Mix Well. Add in baking powder and baking soda. Mix until blending. Add cinnamon. Mix. Stir in vegetable oil and flour.
Mix until smooth. Pour in greased bread pan. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until cooked through.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter and the brown sugar over medium heat until it boils. Let it boil for about a minute or until it is thick. Whisk in the cream, then the powdered sugar – whisk in very slow to avoid lumps. Use tablespoon of milk or cream if needed to thin.
Drizzle on bread. It won’t be perfect, but it will taste good!
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Asian-Inspired Beef Ribs 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peach Habanero Liquid Fire Hot... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jello & Cool Whip Strawberry Trifle 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Stuffed with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- AMISH POTATO PANCAKES 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Butternut Squash-and-Red Onion... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS 4/5 (1 Votes)