One of my favorite, easy desserts for guests! It is delicious and looks like you spent a lot of time making them. Great party entertainment. Get your guess to help cook and flip the crepes, then fill and top their own. Make a variety of toppings - or just one! It is DEE-LICIOUS!
- BASIC FILLING RECIPE: Double or triple if you want to make for a crowd)
- 1 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (or try lime or orange juice)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or by hand til creamy and well blended.
- Lay the prepared crepe flat and spoon a strip of filling down the center. Fold in one side and flip over.
- YIELD: This recipe will fill about 6-8 crepes. Double if you want more filling or are making more crepes.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Simmer these in a saucepot til warm. Spoon over filled crepe.
2. Pears (as seen in photo) - Peel and core 2-4 pears. Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes with 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. When cooked, remove the pears to a separate bowl and blend the sauce (butter/sugar) in a blender. Slice the pears, add to the sauce, and serve warm over the filled crepes.
3. Bing cherries - by the frozen ones! Simmer the cherries in a saucepot with some sugar and lemon juice. You just want them to be warm, not stewed.
4. Make something out of whatever fruit you have left over! Your imagination is your guide.