Baked Chicken and Dumplins
- 4-5 boneless chicken breast
- 2 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 1 stick real butter , not margarine
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon savory (if you don’t have savory you can use thyme or sage)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (yes, you can use cream of chicken, but I don’t think I would use cream of mushroom)
- 3 cups chicken broth (this will come from the pot you boiled your chicken in)
- 4 tablespoons real butter, not margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place chicken, 4 tablespoons butter, bouillon cubes and salt and pepper in a large stock pot and cover with water, at least 2 inches over the chicken.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to simmer and boil chicken until tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
When chicken is done remove from broth and let cool.
When cool, shred chicken into pieces.
Melt 1 stick butter and pour into 3 quart baking dish.
Spread chicken on top of butter.
In a separate bowl, whisk flour and milk together and carefully pour evenly over top of chicken, scrape bowl.
Using the same bowl, whisk together 2 cups chicken broth, cream of celery soup, sour cream and savory. Carefully pour this mixture over top of chicken and flour mixture.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a golden brown.
Let cool for about 15 minutes.
Then pour the remaining 1 cup chicken broth evenly over the top.