- 1 jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 box (12 oz) frozen Italian-style meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
- 1 1/2 c. frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry from (1 lb. bag), thawed, drained
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
- 1/4 c. shredded Parmesean cheese (1 oz)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 605mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray 13x9 (3-qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix pasta sauce and tomatoes. Reserve 1/2 c. tomato mixture. Stir meatballs and stir-fry vegetables into remaining tomato mixture.
In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg and basil.
Spoon reserved 1/2 c. tomato mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Top with about half of the ricotta mixture and half of the meatball mixture. Layer with remaining 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1 c. mozzarella cheese and remaining meatball mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 c. mozzarella cheese and the Parmesean cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350. Bake covered lasagna 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly, edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.