- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds (2-inch-thick) slices peeled parsnip
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning twice. Remove parsnip and onion from bag, discarding marinade.
Preheat oven to 500°.
Place parsnip and onion in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 500° for 30 minutes or until the parsnip is tender, stirring often.
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 16%
Saturated fat: 0.6g
Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g