Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup plain Greek fat-free yogurt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten, or 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- Ground ginger (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl stir together pastry flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the baking soda, salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon ginger.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, eggs, oil, applesauce, and butter flavoring until well mixed. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour half of the batter into the prepared dish, spreading evenly.
3. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the frozen blueberries. Top with the remaining batter, spreading evenly. Cover and chill for 8 to 24 hours.
4. Allow the coffee cake to stand at room temperature while the oven preheats to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl toss together the remaining 1 cup frozen blueberries, the brown sugar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over the batter. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. If desired, serve with whipped topping and sprinkle with additional ginger.
You'll also love
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato Skillet Meal 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana Oat Breakfast Cookie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple-Stuffed Chicken 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange Raspberry Vinaigrette 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Oatmeal: HG's Blueberry Muffin... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)