Lemon Millet Cookies
- 250 g softened butter
- 1 c raw sugar
- 1/2 c unrefined brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c unbleached plain flour
- 3/4 c millet flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (375F). Line cooking sheets with baking paper (if needed).
2. Using a hand mixer, mix the softened butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing only until they're combined.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir with a spatula or spoon until everything is uniformly mixed.
4. Roll the dough into 2.5 cm (1 in) balls and line them up on the cookie sheet, with at least 2.5 cm between them. Use a fork to slightly flatten the top of each*.
*If the dough is sticking to your hands, and not rolling easily in your palms - give it a rest. Cover the bowl and pop it into the fridge for 30 min. Then try again.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 min, until the cookies are nice and golden and aren't completely squishy when you touch them. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 min, before transferring them to a wire rack.
These will keep in an airtight container for 5-7 days ... or you can freeze them!