Spanish Noodles with Shrimp and Peas
- 2 cup chicken or seafood stock
- 8 ounces Clam broth
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces fideos or fidelini noodles; broke into 2 inch lengths
- 1 medium red bell pepper; thinly sliced
- 3 clove garlic; chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound shrimp; shelled, deveined
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley; chopped
In small covered saucepan, heat stock and clam broth to simmering on medium
high. Whisk in tomato paste. Uncover and reduce heat to low.
In oven safe 12 inch skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. Add noodles,
cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, stirring. Add red pepper, garlic, 1/2
teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes, stirring. Add
broth mixture and peas. Heat to boiling on high; reduce heat and simmer 15
minutes or until noodles absorb liquid and are tender.
Heat broiler on high.
Toss shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Arrange over cooked noodles. Broil 2
to 3 minutes ur until shrimp are cooked through. Garnish with parsley.