Beef Jerky Chili
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
- 4 strips thick sliced bacon
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 (7-8 oz.) package of tender beef jerky
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans of chili beans
- 2 cans of peeled diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 18mins
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet Put in crockpot after draining liquid.
2. Cut bacon into 1 inch strips, dice onion, and mince the garlic. Put into skillet and saute until the bacon is rendered. Put into crockpot.
3. Add chili beans and spices. Cut jerky into bite size pieces and mix well into the crockpot.
4. Let cook on high for 3 to 4 hours and enjoy!