Pecan-Coated Caramel Apples
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 12 small apples
- 12 clean food safe wooden craft sticks
- Garnish: chopped pecans
1. Line baking sheet with wax paper
2. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, milk and vanilla. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring ffrequently, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 236 on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and let stand until temperature of mixture drops to 200.
3. Insert sticks into apples. Quickly dip apples in caramel mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on prepared baking sheet. Cool for 10 minutes. Dip apples in chopped pecans, if desired. Stofre, covered, in refrigerator, up to 1 week.