Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Bread pudding
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups bread (rolls or french is best) bread needs to sit out and dry out or put in the oven until it has dried out.
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- Caramel sauce
- 1 1/4 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
For bread pudding:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, sugar,brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend.
Melt butter and toss bread. Fold in bread cubes. Spray pan and transfer mixture to 11x7-inch glass baking dish or sometimes I use a white oval dish. Let stand 15 minutes.
Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce:
Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Lemon Blueberry Biscotti 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blueberry-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Tomato Mini Tarts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon & Potatoes 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Passover Zucchini Kugel 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Squares 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)