Sweet-and-Spicy Pepper-Pineapple Salsa
- 12 ounces peeled and cored fresh pineapple, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large red and/or green sweet peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1-1/2-inch thick slice sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
.Grill the pineapple, sweet peppers, and onion on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until sweet peppers are slightly charred, turning once. Transfer pineapple and vegetables to a cutting board; cool slightly and coarsely chop..
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine jam, vinegar, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir on the stove top over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until jam is melted. Add the chopped pineapple, sweet pepper, and onion to the pan and stir. Serve warm or at room temperature over grilled meat or poultry. Makes six 1/3-cup servings..