Orange Shallot Mayonnaise
Spread on a roast pork or turkey sandwich, or use as a dip for grilled shrimp or as a dressing for a fruit salad.
- 1 to 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Finely grate 1 teaspoon zest from an orange, then squeeze enough juice to measure 5 tablespoons.
Boil 4 tablespoons orange juice with shallot in a very small heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until juice is almost evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer shallot to a bowl to cool, then stir in zest, mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper, and remaining tablespoon orange juice. Chill, covered, 1 hour (for flavors to develop).
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)