Berry Pie ( Joan Brown )
- 1 pie crust unbaked ( 9 inch )
- 4 cup's berries, fresh or frozen ( can use 3 cup's of one kind ( raspberries ) plus 1 cup of another ( strawberries )or any desired berries you have.
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup of sugar.
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp quick tapioca or 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 - 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Topping ingredients
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 - 1 '3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ( or equal parts of cinnamon & nutmeg )
- 6 Tbsp butter or margarine or combination ( room temp )
Other than the pie crust & berries take 1st 7 ingredient's & mix well then Toss all together to coat the berries.
Pour berries into pie shell & top with streusel topping.
Bake at 425 degree's for 40 - 50 minutes.
To make the topping, combine the flour,quick oat's, brown sugar, lemon zest, cardamon & softened butter all together , crumbling it & sprinkle on top of pie & bake.