- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 medium-sized onions, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers, drained
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and sauté for about 10 minutes, until softened.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well.
Add the jalapeño peppers and the cooked onions; mix well.
Pour into a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray.
Combine the remaining cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the onion mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.