Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Low calorie: 90 calories per serving; 8 servings per recipe
- 3 raw chicken breasts, or shred a rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (coriander)
Add all the ingredients (except rotisserie chicken) together in a large slow cooker. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.
Remove the chicken from the soup, shred then return the chicken to the soup, stir and serve.
OR, if using a rotisserie chicken, add the shredded chicken during the final hour of cooking.