Aioli Sauce - (Silver Palate)
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 egg yolks, room temp
- salt and fresh ground white pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups oil (half peanut, half olive) at room temp
1. Puree garlic in a food processor or blender. Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl until light and smooth, and add to the garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste, lemon juice and mustard, and process to a smooth paste.
2. With the machine running pour the oil very slowly into the mixture in a steady stream, blending constantly. Continue blending until you obtain a thick, shiny, firm sauce. Transfer to storage container, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.