Porchetta-Style Pork Chops and Roasted Fennel
- 4 thick-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, 2 chopped, 4 crushed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus 4 lemon wedges
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges each
- 8 large shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
Adapted from rachaelrayshow.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place chops in shallow dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil, chopped garlic, fennel seed, rosemary, lemon zest and pepper. Season chops with Kosher salt and slather the porchetta seasoning all over the chops evenly, turning to coat both sides. Let stand 30 minutes.
Coat fennel, shallots, crushed garlic cloves and potatoes lightly in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast 35-40 minutes until potatoes are crispy and fennel and shallots are caramelized at edges.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops to hot pan and brown 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven and roast about 8 minutes more. Remove from oven and douse pan with wine or stock.
Serve chops with lemon wedges and roast fennel alongside.
You'll also love
- Holiday Kale Salad with... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Amy's Lemon Bars 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Korean Broccoli Namul 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Kitchen Boss Grandma Maddalena's... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sausage Gravy --Paula Deen's 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pulled Pork and Collard Green Egg... 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- New Mexico Pork Chili Carne Adovada 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Buttermilk Braised Pork Shoulder... 4/5 (3 Votes)