Beef and Beer Chili
Bottled beer adds depth to this rich chili that's perfect for the big game or any day that needs a little warmth.
prep time 2 hr 10 min
total time 2 hr 10 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lb beef stew meat (3/4-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic (about 4 medium cloves)
- 1 package (1.25 oz) chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- 1 can or bottle (12 oz) beer or beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz) Muir Glen® organic tomato paste
- 2 cans (15 oz each) spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
In 5-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add stew meat and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Stir in chili seasoning mix. Stir in tomatoes, broth, beer and tomato paste. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking.
About 15 minutes before serving, stir in beans. Cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until beans are thoroughly heated. Top individual servings with sour cream and cheese.
add a little crunch to individual servings by topping each with a few corn chips.