Teriyaki Flavored Grilled Sirloin
3 slices = 5 points
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (1lb) boneless sirloin steak, about 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
1. Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium high or prepare medium high medium high fire using direct method. Or preheat non stick grill pan over medium high heat.
2. To make marinade, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes in small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
3. Transfer cooled marinade to large ziploc bag; add steak. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat steak. REfrigerate turning bag occassionally, at least 30 min.
4. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade. Place steak on grill rack or in grill pan and grill until instant thermomterer registers 145 for medium, about 5 min per side. Transfer steak to cutting board; let stand 5 min. Cut across grain into 12 slices.