WW - Bolognese Sauce with Bacon and Fennel
WW Plus - 10 pts.
- 3/4 lb. ground lean beef
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups hot cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add beef and bacon; cook, breaking beef up with side of spoon, until beef and bacon are browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, fennel, and cumin; cook stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, wine, and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
3. Divide spaghetti equally among 6 large shallow bowls; top evenly with bolognese sauce and ricotta. sprinkle with mint.