- 2 Tblsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups low-salt vegetable broth
- 2 Tblsp. orange marmalade (I use a little more)
- 1/4 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 Tblsp. toasted pumpkin seeds
In a 2-1/2 or 3 quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender - about 4 minutes.
Add the spice and pepper; stir just to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the pumpkin and the stock; stir and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add the marmalade; stir until well blended.
Add the milk and cook until heated through.
Garnish with the pumpkin seeds.
I mess up some of the healthiness of this dish by also garnishing with crumbled bacon.