Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp with Spicy Hass Avocado Puree
- Spicy Hass Avocado Puree:
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Spicy Hass Avocado Puree (see make-ahead recipe below)
- Fresh sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- 3 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, peeled, seeded and scooped out
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- Salt, to taste
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, cilantro, cumin and oil and whisk well.
2. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Do not marinate shrimp longer than 5 minutes or the lime juice will begin cooking the shrimp.
3. Preheat a barbecue or grill pan to medium-high heat.
4. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
5. Remove the cooked shrimp from the grill and place on a serving platter, with a small serving bowl of the Spicy Hass Avocado Puree. Garnish the shrimp with fresh sprigs of cilantro and serve.
Spicy Hass Avocado Puree
1. Add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeño to a blender and puree until smooth, scraping the sides of the blender as needed.
2. Season puree with salt to taste.
3. Place in a covered airtight container and refrigerate until serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)