- 1 (10-oz.) can chunk white and dark chicken in water, drained
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso® Chopped Green Chiles
- 4 oz. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from 7.25-oz. jar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 (11-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crusty French Loaf
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Dash dried parsley flakes
- 6 thin strips roasted red bell peppers (from 7.25-oz. jar)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Dash garlic powder
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet. In medium bowl, combine chicken, chiles, cream cheese, 1/4 cup roasted peppers, honey, salt and pepper; mix well.
2) Remove dough from can; place on lightly floured surface. Carefully unroll dough. Spread chicken mixture evenly over dough to within 1 inch of edges. With lightly floured hands, carefully but firmly reroll dough. Gently press edges to seal; fold ends under. Place loaf on greased cookie sheet.
3) In small bowl, combine egg and water; beat well. Brush over top of loaf; sprinkle with parsley. Arrange roasted pepper strips about 2 inches apart on top of loaf. With sharp knife, cut 5 or 6 diagonal slices, 1/2 inch deep, on top of loaf.
4) Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. In small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder. Brush over warm loaf. Cut into slices.