Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms With Feta and Almonds
- # 1/2 cup bulgur
- # 1/3 cup chopped roasted almonds
- # 3 scallions, thinly sliced and white and green parts separated
- # 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- # kosher salt and black pepper
- # 4 large or 8 small portobello mushrooms, stems discarded
- # 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- # 2 ounces Feta, crumbled (1⁄2 cup)
# Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the bulgur according to the package directions; transfer to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature. Stir in the almonds, scallion whites, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
# Meanwhile, place the mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet, rub with 2 tablespoons of the oil, and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, stem-side up, until tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Dividing evenly, top the mushrooms with the bulgur mixture and sprinkle with the Feta. Roast until warmed through, 2 to 4 minutes more.