Fried Eggs Tex Mex Style
3 slices polenta, 1/2 cup bean mix, 1 egg = 9 points
- 1 (16oz) tube prepared polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 1 (15.5 oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with spray.
2. Arrange polenta slices on prepared baking sheet; lightly spray with olive oil spray. Bake until heated through; about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine beans and salsa in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer coverd 10 minutes.
4. Spray large nonstick skillet with spray. Crack each egg into skillet and fry until whites are set and yolk begins to thicken, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle eggs with pepper jack and parsley. Cover skillet and let stand until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
5. To serve, place 3 polenta slices on each plate. Spoon beans evenly over polenta and top each with 1 egg.