Chicken, Vegetable and Orzo Soup
WeightWatchers - 4 Points
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or more to taste)
- 4 medium uncooked carrot(s), thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium uncooked fennel bulb(s), thinly sliced and then chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups (chopped) cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped, divided (or more to taste)
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large soup pot, combine broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat.
Add carrots, fennel and orzo; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until orzo and vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
Remove pot from heat; stir in lemon juice and dill. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.