Mississippi Mud S'Mores-Fudge Pie
- Chocolate frosting:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- 1 (4-oz.) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs $
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups regular marshmallows, cut in half horizontally
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Stir together first 2 ingredients and 1/4 cup sugar; press on bottom and 2 inches up sides of a shiny 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup pecans over crust.
2. Microwave chopped chocolate and 1 cup butter in a large microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
3. Whisk flour, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 2 cups sugar into chocolate mixture, whisking until blended. Pour batter into prepared crust.
4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven, and cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes.
5. Preheat broiler with oven rack on lowest level from heat. Place pie (in pan) on a jelly-roll pan. Toss together both marshmallows; mound on pie, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Broil 30 seconds to 1 minute or until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove from oven, and immediately remove sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare Chocolate Frosting. Drizzle over marshmallows; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup pecans.
Cook butter, cocoa, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly, 4 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.