Carrot-Raisin Bran Muffins
Homemade muffins made with carrots. apples, and nuts. Low in fat but high in flavor and fiber. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups unprocessed wheat bran or oat bran cereal
- 3/4 cup plus 3/4 teaspoon whole wheat flour (For moister muffins substitute almond meal for up to 1/2 the amount)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup finely grated carrots (about 2 medium sized)
- 1 cup raisins
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 31mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Heat oven to 375°F. Coat 12 standard size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with papers.
In large bowl, whisk together bran cereal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
In small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar and oil. Stir in the grated carrots and raisins. Pour into well of dry ingredients and fold together until all ingredients are moistened. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, a scant 1/3 cup in each. Let rest 5 minutes at room temperature.
Bake muffins for 16 to 18 minutes or until crowned and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of muffin. Cool on a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Warm Millet & Broccoli 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Roast Beef & Horseradish Canapés 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orange Balls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Beets with Orange and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Gingered Carrot- Sweet Potato Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beet & Walnut Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Burger Seasoning 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Carrot Ribbon Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)