From Brooks Braga, intern at Cressey Performance. Can eat as pancakes or use as bread for sandwiches! Try this without protein powder and see how they turn out.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 2-3 eggs
- ~1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed. Batter should be thicker than normal pancake batter)
- 1 T arrowroot powder can be added for thickening/binding
- 1 t vanilla and/or cinnamon can be added to make more delectable
- 1 T butter/coconut oil makes them richer
- 1-2 T cocoa powder can be added for chocolate pancakes
- Stevia can be added for sweetness
Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mix eggs and coconut milk in a separate bowl.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Scoop heaping tablespoon of batter and spread into shape of choice on medium-low heated griddle. Batter should be thick.
Cook for a minute or so on each side.