- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 small green squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 cups precooked chicken, shredded
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 radish, julienned (optional garnish)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional garnish)
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Heat tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch pan on medium high heat.
3. Fry squash and onion, stirring frequently for 6 minutes or until tender. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
4. Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan on medium heat and fry the garlic and chipotles, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds. Add the pasta sauce, cover and cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add sour cream.
5. Mix the chicken, vegetables and 1 cup of sauce in a large bowl.
6. Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce onto a 13x9 glass baking dish. Place 6 tortillas on the sauce. Cover with chicken.
7. Add the rest of the tortillas and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese.
8. Lastly, bake for 20 minutes or until the enchiladas are quite hot and the cheese melted.
9. Add garnishes.