Creamy Chicken Chile Enchiladas
Leftover chicken works great in this recipe. Or use the meat from a deli rotisserie chicken.
Make this the night before; cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Then just pop it in the oven—you may have to bake a few minutes longer since it was in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 2 cups cubed or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup Green Giant Niblets frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (8 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 8 flour or corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1) Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2) In 2-quart saucepan, stir broth, flour, cumin and red pepper with whisk until blended. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until blended.
3) In medium bowl, mix chicken, 3/4 cup of the cheese, the corn, black beans, green onions, cilantro, chiles and 1/2 cup of the yogurt sauce. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange seam sides down in baking dish. Top with remaining yogurt sauce. Cover with foil.
4) Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato just before serving.