Quick and Easy Italian Stuffed Peppers
Easy to make with only a few ingredients and the always tasty Progresso Recipe Starters fire roasted cooking sauce!
This easy and delicious recipe can be made with any color of peppers.
Substitute turkey sausage or ground chicken for the Italian sausage.
- 2 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 pouch (9 oz) Progresso Recipe Starters fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1) PLACE peppers open sides up on microwavable plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High 3 minutes. Set aside.
2) COOK sausage in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, rice and half of cooking sauce. Stuff in bell pepper halves.
3) HEAT remaining sauce in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Serve with peppers.