Creamy Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree, or canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 medium red apple and/or green pear, cored and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In small saucepan combine water and rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
2. In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, Pumpkin Puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup of the cranberries. Pour mixture into 1-1/2-quart straight-sided deep baking dish. Place dish in baking pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into baking pan until water comes halfway up sides of baking dish.
3. Bake 30 minutes; stir. Bake 35 minutes more or until outside edge appears set. Remove dish from oven. Cool slightly on wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, in bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup cranberries and boiling water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes; drain. Just before serving, toss together apple, walnuts, honey, and cranberries. Spoon over pudding. Serve warm. Makes 6 servings.