Sausage and Mushroom Frittata
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 1 pound)
- 6-8 oz pork sausage, loose
- 8 eggs, beaten
Heat an oven proof skillet (I like to use my 12” cast iron frying pan) over medium high heat and turn on broiler (on high) to preheat oven.
Add sausage to pan and break apart with a wooden spoon or spatula while it cooks (no oil is necessary here if you have a nice fatty sausage; if you are using a very lean sausage, add a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil).
Add onion, pepper and mushroom and sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are cooked (8-10 minutes).
Add beaten eggs. Let cook on stove top 1-2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Place skillet in oven and broil until eggs are completely cooked, puffed up and starting to brown on top (about 7-10 minutes, varies oven to oven so watch carefully) .
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Coca-Cola Condensed Milk Crock Pot... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Leeks with Mozzarella & a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Candied Bourbon Bacon Bits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy cauliflower puff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Original Bisquick Sausage Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Medallions With Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Roasted Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)