Pumpkin Black Bean Bake
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces peeled pumpkin or winter squash
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 3-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-1/2-oz. pkg. corn muffing mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree, or canned pumpkin
- Jalapeño-Olive Relish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large skillet cook ground beef, pumpkin, and onion over medium heat until meat is browned and onion tender, breaking up ground beef with spoon; drain fat. Stir in black beans, corn, chiles, and salt. Heat through. Stir in broth and cream cheese until blended. Transfer mixture to 2-1/2-quart baking dish.
2. In medium bowl stir together corn muffin mix, egg, milk, and Pumpkin Puree until just combined. Spoon over beef mixture.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into topper comes out clean. Serve with Jalapeño-Olive Relish.
4. Jalapeño-Olive Relish: In small bowl combine 1/4 cup halved pitted green olives; 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers,* sliced; 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered; and 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro. Makes 6 servings.
*Hot chile peppers contain oils that can burn skin and eyes. When working with them, wear plastic or rubber gloves.
You'll also love
- Slow cooker: Squash, Chickpea &... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Sausage with Spaghetti 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Stuffed with Parsnip Puree 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pecan encrusted Trout with black... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scones 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Buscuits 4/5 (2 Votes)