Beef with Broccoli
- 1 c Beef, sliced thin
- 2 tb Soya sauce
- 1 tb Wine
- 1/2 bn Broccoli, shredded in 3"
- OR " 1/2 Ib Broccoli, shredded in 3"
- 2 tb Sugar
- 3 tb Oil
- 1/2 c Water
1. Carefully slice beef into thin bite size pieces, across the grain
of beef. Marinate beef in soya sauce, wine and salt. Shred broccoli.
2. Place oil in wok and heat to smoking point. Quickly stir-fry beef
in it, no more than 3 minutes. Remove beef to a platter and reserve.
3. Add broccoli to wok, 1/2 cup water, sugar. Turn burner to medium
high heat, cover broccoli, cook 6 minutes. Lift the cover of the wok
and stir the broccoli every so often so that it will cook on both
sides. At the end of 6 minutes, the broccoli should just be cooked
through, if it isn't, cook a minute or two more.
4. Add beef, back to broccoli, stir everything together. Place in
NOTE: Pork, or chicken may be substituted, only do not remove pork or
chicken to a platter after initial stir-frying but continue to cook it
with broccoli. Beef is removed for reserve because it toughens with
You'll also love
- Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Zucchini Corn Fritters 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Americanized Jamaican Beef Patties 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Romanesco Broccoli, Broccoli or... 5/5 (2 Votes)