Meat 'n' Cheese Stromboli
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
On 2 greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12 rectangle. Arrange the salami, ham and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with onion mixture; sprinkle with italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal well.
Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400* for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.