Marzipan Easter Decorations
These Marzipan Easter eggs, flowers and butterflies are perfect for decorating cakes or muffins. It’s a fun project with endless possibilities and it tastes good!
- Green frosting
- Cooked mini cupcakes or cake
- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- Assorted colors of food coloring paste* or gel
- 2 teaspoons Just Whites (powdered egg whites)
- Small paintbrush
- Assorted sprinkles
- Assorted mini cookie cutters
- Food coloring paste is generally preferred over liquid, as it won't change the consistency of the Marzipan.
Adapted from odense.com
Frost cooled cupcakes or cake with green tinted frosting or pipe to look like grass.
Divide marzipan into 4 or 5 sections, depending on colors needed.
Make a well in the marzipan and add food coloring of choice.
Knead in food color until desired color is achieved.
Working with one color at a time; roll out Marzipan, between wax paper and cut out desired shapes i.e. tulips, eggs, butterflies, bunnies etc.
In a small bowl, whisk Just Whites with 2 tablespoons water.
Make tiny balls, flowers or ropes for decorations and attach with egg white mixture, using paintbrush.
Brush desired sections of decorations with egg whites and dust with colored sprinkles.
Decorate frosting with creations and brace back with small amount of
Marzipan (if needed) to help stand up.
To save time at the busy holidays, make decorations ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.