Beef Stew and Garlic Mash
- 1 1-lb. bag frozen assorted vegetable blend (carrots, peas and onions)
- 1 17-oz. pkg. refrigerated cooked beef tips in gravy
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. Yukon gold or red potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven combine vegetables and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Meanwhile, microcook beef tips according to package directions. Add beef and Worcestershire to vegetables. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. In small microwave-safe bowl, cover garlic and 2 Tbsp. water with vented plastic wrap. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) 1 minute; set aside. In large microwave-safe bowl microcook potatoes on 100 percent power (high) 8 to 10 minutes; stirring once halfway through.
3. Peel and mash garlic. Add garlic, olive oil, 1/4 tsp. each salt and freshly ground black pepper to potatoes; mash. Divide among four dishes; add stew, sprinkle oregano. Makes 4 servings.