Korean Rice Bowl
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 4 cups savoy cabbage or 4 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups cooked white rice (short-grain or medium-grain)
- toasted sesame seeds
- slivered green onion
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, red chili flakes, oil, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
In another medium bowl, add onions, and cabbage and pour remaining marinade over top. Let pork and cabbage mixtures stand for 15 minutes at room temperature or for up to one day in the refrigerator.
In same skillet, add cabbage mixture with marinade and cook until onions are translucent and cabbage is tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. .
Divide rice into 4 bowls. Top each with mixture and serve immediately. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.