- 3 TO 4 TBSP CORN OR CANOLA OIL
- 1 1/2 LB/750G GROUND BEEF
- 1 LARGE CARROT, THINLY SLICED
- 1 LARGE PARSNIP, THINLY SLICED
- 1 SMALL ONIONS, HALVED
- 2 TSP CORN FLOUR
- 2 TSP BISTO (gravy granules)
- MASHED POTATOES FOR SERVING
Cooking time 30mins
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet, and brown the ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Add the carrot, parsnip, and onion halves. Add water to cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, adding a bit more water if the mixture dries out.
Stir the corn flour and Bisto into 1/2 cup/120 ml of cold water until they dissolve. Add to the ground beef mixture, stir in well, and cook for about 5 minutes more. The finished mince should be like a thick stew in consistency.
Serve with mashed potatoes.