Zuppa Toscana (better than Olive Garden!)
- Zuppa Toscana (better than Olive Garden!)
- 1 lb. Italian sausages (use spicy to get that signature Olive Garden flavor)
- 4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- If I'm canning this recipe, I do not use the following ingredients yet. When I open the canned soup to use it, that's when I add these last 4 ingredients**
- 1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional)
- 1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
Adapted from kbkayefamily.blogspot.com
1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
30 minutes before serving:
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne.
And, top with parmesan cheese to taste ^_^
BEST. SOUP. EVER!!!
˜”*°•••Share this to your wall & join us •••°*”˜
”*°•.for Tips, DIY Ideas & Daily Motivation °*”˜