Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
Serving = about 7 shrimp & 1/4 salsa
Fat 11.4 g (8.4 sat)
Protein: 29.9 g
Carb: 45 g
Fiber: 2.2 g
Cholesterol: 194 mg
Sodium: 753 mg
Calcium: 80 mg
- 28 large shrimp (about 1-1/2 lb)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1-1/2 tbsp line juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped seeded jalpeno pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. To prepare shrimp, peel and devein, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp in cold water; drain on paper towels until dry.
3. Combine cornstarch, salt and red pepper in a shallow dish; stir with a whisk. Place egg whites in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until frothy (about 2 minutes). Place coconut in shall dish.
4. Working with 1 shrimp at a time, dredge in cornstarch mixture. Dip in egg white, and dredge coconut, pressing gently with fingers. Place the shrimp on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning after 10 minutes.
5. To prepare salsa, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)