Lime-Mint Ice Cream Bars
Fresh mint leaves and lime zest make for a refreshing and tangy combination — the perfect match for a gingersnap cookie crust.
- 36 (about 9 ounces) gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup(s) (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 can(s) (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated lime zest
Adapted from womansday.com
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving a 3-inch overhang on two sides.
2. In a food processor, process the cookies until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until blended. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely, about 25 minutes.
3. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the heavy cream, condensed milk, sour cream, and vanilla in a large bowl until thick, stiff peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Fold in the mint and lime zest.
4. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours and up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve, use the overhangs to transfer to a cutting board and cut into bars.